It’s a no-brainer that everyone wants to live a happy and healthy life, but it’s easier said than done. With all of our modern day stressors, people often find themselves being so overwhelmed they can’t focus on wellness. A healthy body, mind and soul is so very important for a happy life, so we rounded up our favorite tips for living happy and healthy.
1. Get Outside At Least Once A Day: And no, walking to your car from the office doesn’t count. Happy and healthy people make it a priority to be outdoors at least once a day to soak in some sun, breathe in clean air, clear the mind and work the body. We suggest taking a walk around the block during your lunch break, at the minimum.
2. Sleep Well: By this we don’t just mean getting the recommended 7–8 hours of sleep. Sleeping well extends into how you sleep, not just how much you sleep. Healthy and happy people make sure their sleeping environment helps, not hinders, their zzz’s. Some need facemasks or ear plugs, others need to sleep with a humidifier or a window open. If you think your bedroom may be hindering your sleep, try installing Awair into your home to automatically monitor your bedroom air and sync with your smart home devices to create the perfect sleeping environment for you.
3. Eat Clean: It’s no secret that Americans are getting fatter. While it’s good for the soul to indulge every once in a while, healthy people make sure to eat clean. The easiest way to start eating better is to eat real food and cook meals yourself. If it comes in a package or from a fast food window, it’s not real.
4. Think Positive: The happy people of the world know how and when to think positive. A state of mind can alternate your mood and life! We suggest starting the day off with one strong positive thought, listening to some upbeat music and reminding yourself of your strengths throughout the day.
5. Breathe Deeply: People don’t meditate and do yoga just to be trendy. They do it because it’s a great way to work the body and mind! You don’t need to sign up a yoga class just yet — you can breathe deeply each day on your own. Try setting aside 5–10 minutes each evening to turn off all your devices, close your eyes and just take deep breathes to relax and focus. It’s also important to make sure you’re breathing in clean air. If your home has lots of VOCs (toxins), you could get a headache instead of feeling relaxed. Using Awair can help keep your home’s air clean so you can breathe deeply without feeling ill.
6. Surround Yourself With Love: The happiest and healthiest people (in mind, body and spirit) are those who surround themselves with love. Family, friends and supportive co-workers all are great sources to keep you happy. So make sure you stay in touch with friends, hang out with your family and foster a healthy, happy relationship with co-workers!
There are so many more ways to be healthy and happy, but these are some of our favorites. If you have a great wellness tip, leave a comment below! We’d love to learn from you.